Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nonsense

I realize I don't have to post every day. I should reserve posting for days I actually have something to say. But I'm bored and missing someone desperately so I'm posting for the sake of distracting myself. So here's a little about me:

I just started my first year of college at BYU. Since moving out I've had at least eight lessons on marriage, see an average of eleven PDA-ish couples on campus each day, and hear the phrase, "I heard you're engaged!" or, "Oh my gosh! Let me see your ring!" at least once a day. That's BYU for you. Everything I always thought it would be.

I'll give someone money if they can figure out what I should be studying. My dream is to go to the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City to study fashion design. However, I have this strange nagging feeling that I need to get a degree from the University here first. Being in this pickle, I have plans to graduate in August 2012 with a degree in...we'll see. Still working on that. Then off to NYC in the spring - hopefully - where I will gain my education and reputation and establish myself as a prominent designer of classy, elegant, but modest formalwear that will manage to work its way onto the red carpet with celebrities. Or something like that. Yes, I'm LDS. I plan to be the LDS designer to bring the "modest is hottest" idea to the high fashion industry. And the red carpet. As previously mentioned.

I love to sew, read, draw, paint, and take pictures. Yes. Anything that involves creativity and imagination. I love the feel of sunshine and the smell of rain. I addicted to fashion blogs and Vans. I love music. All music. A person going through my iTunes library would consider me the ultimate eclectic collector of songs. I am a thinker. An analyzer. An avid journal-filler. But most of that is kept to myself - which is why I can claim I have nothing to say.

This blog will likely be as eclectic as my iTunes library. It will include thoughts, random bits and pieces of my day, stories, insights, favorites pictures and articles, etc. Get. Excited.

And now with truly nothing left to say about myself, I end this post completely satisfied that I have fulfilled my requirement for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment