Upon recently reviewing my posts, I've discovered how often I've admitted I have nothing to say. That is very annoying. I apologize. So in today's post, I'm going to pretend not only that I have something to say, but that it's worth saying. Capiche?
First off I'd like to express my appreciation for my MacBook Pro. BEST. INVESTMENT. EVER. Except for maybe my serger that I really only paid $200.00 for. Or my $850.00 SLR Canon Rebel digital camera. (LOVE!) I love the finer things in life. That's despite the point. Back to my MacBook. Today I am typing a post from work. Why? Because it hasn't been this slow at work since March when it was snowing outside and nobody wanted to come play in the pool or hedge mazes. Also despite the point. Today I am typing a post from work. This means I am using a PC. Not only is it much slower, has completely backwards key commands, and doesn't have a clever touchpad so I can "surf the web" with ease, but it doesn't proof my spelling or grammar automatically on every document and email I type. Normally, I have both exceptional spelling and grammar, but sometimes proofreading is essential.
Second off, I'd like to express my appreciation for good friends. The kind of friends you can do anything with and just not worry a bit. Last night I realized that my best friend that I've spent almost every weekend with since October would not be able to spend the weekend with me. I needed Friday night plans. So I called some of these very great friends of mine. Results? Free dinner, excellent conversation, watched "Invictus" (I wish I could give it a review, but I think I fell asleep during the bulk of the storyline...oops.), Pie Shakes at Sammy's (if you haven't had one, get one), and then stargazing up Provo Canyon. The sky was beautifully clear last night and the moon round and full. The weather was crisp and cool - the very definition of fall. We huddled in hoodies and blankets and watched for shooting stars while sharing jokes and stories. I got home and 4 AM - the latest I've been out since grad night. (Embarrassing...) An epic adventure and 100% successful in helping me distract myself.
Thanks friends!
One last thing to apologize for: because I'm at work typing on this miserable PC (those who know me well may gasp to hear me call a PC miserable) I do not have any more random pictures to post to make my blog more colorful. One of my new goals is to utilize my fancy camera (Clarence - I love him dearly) more often in my daily life. Pictures soon. I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment