So...
I stalked Jimmer.
A little.
Today at the Upholstery Shop we took a field trip to the Smith Fieldhouse to replace some herculite panels that protect the walls when the javelin team is practicing. Exotic. I know. I got to ride thirty feet in the air on this:
I never want to be an electrician. Or window painter. Or anyone else who uses these things on a regular basis. Past 15 feet they get awfully wobbly and wavy and freaky-outy. It was fun.ANYWAY...As we were a'workin', Lee came over and said, "Oh, by the way, Jimmer is playing ball in the gym next door." Um, what? Today, I got so excited over Jimmer. Talia and I didn't believe him at first, but a couple "casual" walk-bys proved that Lee was exactly right. There was Jimmer! (He didn't tell us until later that he actually went in and talked to him - jealous!) So we creepily stalked him trying to get some pics to prove we were in the same place as Jimmer.

Obviously we wanted to meet him. Obviously we were from then on distracted from our work. Obviously we were every bit as desperately plotting ways to get his autograph and a picture as we were plotting to meet Bronco when delivering some football equipment we made. Therefore, our sprinting down the track to peek around the corner when Will mentioned that Jimmer had just walked right past us without us noticing was totally justified. Am I right? Sure enough, Jimmer had just left the drinking fountain. Except...he was still there. Just around the corner we'd just run around. Picture something from a cartoon. We ran around the corner on adrenaline, froze in our tracks when we made eye contact, and immediately turned to sprint twice as fast away. Sooooo awkward. Oh Jimmer. (Ps - don't worry. We made sure to drink out of the fountain immediately after him.)
Well, our embarrassment talked our hopes out of going up to actually meet him. So we returned to the shop somewhat sullen-faced. Of course then I hear the carpet boys had a nice chat with him and what's more, there are already pictures on Facebook. Well...since we had to go back out anyway, I grabbed a sharpie so he could sign my shirt and we made a pitstop back at the fieldhouse for round two. (Katie, I grabbed some stickie notes to have him sign for Mace and Sav.) Psych! I was stoked.
Alas. He was already gone.
It had honestly only been five minutes.
My heart was broken.
Well, a roll of herculite on my foot, a frantic zoot scoot ride around campus to find Will for the Pro-Po when he butt-dialed 911, some ice cream, a discussion on dating, and a couple pair of hemmed pants later, I'm starting to get over it. Starting. Slowly. Painfully.
But I will forever remember today as the day that I ALMOST met Jimmer.
I'm stalking the SFH every day from now on.
No comments:
Post a Comment