Monday, October 10, 2011

Toothpaste

Today I am anti-dating. (Eh...most days actually, but today especially.) Guys are so much easier to be friends with. Every time I start to think a guy is nice I have to start thinking about whether or not he's going to think I'm interested in him because apparently that's what it means when a girl talks to a guy. Thus I am every paranoid of talking to people and life just gets twice as complicated as it needs to be. Then we come back to the realization that I will never get asked out by someone I actually want to go out with. Therefore, I will never be able to date someone I am actually interested in. SO. I am anti-dating.

It's fine.

Now that I've got that off my chest...The good news is I have really sweet roommates and a really fun ward. Linda's birthday was Thursday and we wanted to do something to celebrate for her. But Megan and Melinda decided they couldn't celebrate for her if they didn't for me. So they baked a bunch of cookies and cupcakes and invited a ton of people from the ward over for a belated birthday party and games. We actually got quite a few people to come - it was kind of exciting! I met a lot of new people in the ward and we played a new form of Pictionary and The Great Dalmuti (in ENGLISH!). And now we have about six million chocolate and strawberry cupcakes sitting on our kitchen table...


One nice guy named Fred (for some reason I love that his name is really Fred...) found out the party was for our birthdays and showed up with these balloon bouquets for us. So cute!


In other news, I bought this shirt...that I'm not sure how to wear. But I really like it. It's just a little awkwardly short length-ed. Which is actually what I like about it. But if I tuck in my tank top underneath and the shirt pulls up, in my mind I think my underwear are showing. But untucked is just...no bueno.

So I thought I finally figured out how to wear it. But I got mixed signals all day. At first I wasn't feeling so hot...then I felt empowered as I suavely jumped out of my truck wearing my new shirt and motorcycle wannabe jacket in the Marriott parking lot while the cute guy unlocking his sports car next to me's jaw dropped as he caught sight of me. (At least...that's how it went down in my head.) So I walked with a swagger to campus.

Then in the library the girl who's table I sat at leaned over and told me she loved my shirt. And she had a really cute boyfriend. So I was feeling really good about this shirt thing. Then I nonchalantly swung my bag over my shoulder ready to take my long leggy strides out the door and to class when my eyes met up with this really awkward big kid sitting perpendicular to me and gawking at me. And when I looked at him he nodded at me like he was saying, "Hey baby." And I puked a little. So I walked to class with my head ducked a little and drowned my frustrations in my peanut butter and nutella sandwich.

It was like one of those days where you finally feel good about how you look and then when you get home you look in the mirror and find the toothpaste that got stuck in the corner of your mouth. But I've settled on liking the shirt so the toothpaste can suck it.


1 comment:

  1. First of all, your Fred can't be nearly as cool as the Fred Philpot the third I knew when I lived at the BC. Second of all, what does the shirt look like? Pics?

    ReplyDelete