Friday, May 27, 2011

NYC Day 4

The "Today Show," (I was too lazy to ever try and get up early enough to actually witness the action...) yes, they are advertising Osama Bin Laden's death, Rockefeller, Easter lilies ALL over the city - gorgeous, St. Patrick's, again (!), and one of the many window displays advertising Alexander McQueen - AMAZING.

Kip's Bay House aka donated home where a bunch of famous designers each take a room to design and they charge tourists lots of money to see their designs and give the money to charity aka glorified Parade of Homes. Melia, you would have loved it. This is actually a view form the fourth floor patio - freaking amazing. The patio. And the view. We weren't allowed to take pics inside.

STELLAR trade show aka place where buyers come to buy their stock for the season from the sellers aka Lucky Brand selling all their clothes to various department stores for example etc. I was way more fascinated than my classmates. We were VIP.

Deep-fried zucchini fries at Carmine's. Probably the only thing I really ate there. A. Maze. Ing. If all vegetables could be deep-fried, I'd eat them way more often.

News de la Bin Ladin's death al la Times Square. No big.

Empire State Building - we went on the most PERFECT night. Now lines. No wind. Warm spring air. Gorgeous.

Tragically, none of my pictures of the flatiron building turned out - really a shame because it was one piece of architecture I really wanted to see. Well, I saw it. From King Kong's hideout. But no pics to prove it.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment